Featured
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Beach Essentials
I'm lucky enough to live in a city not far from the beach, since both Tj and SD are close to the coast.
I like to go mainly to purge from bad vibes, thoughts and to relax overall. I've been to the beach 2 times so far this summer, the first time when I started my finals and the second, right after I graduated last Friday; on Sunday.
I don't usually plan my beach trips, my mom and I always end up going in the spur of the moment, so I always like to put on the minimum but look good enough for insta-worthy pics.
Here is a list of the essentials I always like to take with me, in no specific order:
- My prescription sunglasses
I have many pair of sunglasses but it hasn't been long since I got my prescription sunglasses (thanks to Lens crafters), so I prefer to use those (don't wanna be tripping over OR get sun damage)These are the ones I have, and I got mine from Lens crafters, but you can get them here.
![]() |
| Burberry BE4199 |
- Styling cream
- Outfit
- Extra outfit
Whenever I go to the beach, I always end up tired and relaxed. I don't really drive that much, so I always end up falling asleep on the way home.
So, with this in mind, I always pack a pair of jeans (if I didn't bring jeans as my first outfit) or some leggings, along with sneakers and a hoodie or a jacket. It's all about comfiness, always trying to look good enough in case we don't head straight home.
- Beach towel
- Snacks
In my opinion, this is a must, because you might not be all day in the water and even if you do, it's a smart choice to bring some with you so you can get energy and not have an empty stomach.
This is up to you, but if you don't wanna have junk food at the beach, you can always take toppers filled with your favorite fruit.
Always remember to clean up any trash you might have and never make a mess or harm other people/the animals around.
- Tote
I use totes for everything. You can throw everything in a fashionable tote and call it a day.
I recommend a wide tote that looks great with your outfit, but that is made of durable materials, so you don't struggle.
- Sunscreen
Nowadays you don't need the sun to get a tan, you can get one at home; so avoid the UV rays at all costs, you don't want to get sun burns, besides the fact that it hurts really bad, always keep in mind all of the health risks.
- Lipstick
You might think I'm extra af, but I always like to take pictures while I'm at the beach, so I always try to at least add a pop of color. I'm not talking take your Kylie Cosmetics matte lipstick and put it all over...
Unless you want that much.
I learned this trick from mexican vlogger Yuya, who not long ago, gave a mini snapchat tutorial, where she showed us what she wears on her lips nowadays:
First, you put on some lip balm,
then you fill the center of your lips with a lip liner, press your lips together,
and top it off with more lip balm.
- Lip balm
Besides the fact that you can create the blotted kind of look I mentioned before, you keep your lips moisturized. I recommend going for one that has SPF because you're gonna be all day under the sun, like the Eos Active Protection Lip Balm.
- BB Cream
We've already established that I'm extra so let's get it on: I usually wear a bb cream on my face + neck so I have that spf protection with the rest of the perks of a bb cream.
I swear by Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream , because it leaves me with a dewy look, adjusts to my skin tone, besides the fact that I feel fresh whenever wearing it.
- Hat
A hat can be both an accessory and a tool: you shield from the sun, and look chic (let's have a shot every time I say chic in this post.)
I would love to see your beach looks, tag me in it! remember my instagram username is @cixara.
What do you usually take with you to the beach? Comment below!









































Comments
Post a Comment